Friday, November 2, 2012

The Story of the Fiddle Leaf Fig Tree

So, the Fiddle Leaf Fig plant is still seen around the blog and magazines all of the time.  I'm a little late to the party but have been dying for one for a couple of years now.  I NEVER see them in the midwest and recently saw that smaller "training" ones were even going to be available at IKEA.  (went right over to Ikea...all sold out. Bummer) 

Domino 

House Beautiful

HB

Below is the advertisement from Ikea.  Like their other plants I assumed it to be between 3 and 4 feet tall...
agin, all gone so I decided to buy one on-line...

This,  (say in a  baby voice-) teeny weeny guy came in the mail. 


Those are children's scissors above.


...a regular sized shoe box.  My first thought was, "hmmm, I didn't order any shoes..."

Well, we'll see how it goes.  He is in a little planter, in a little corner, getting a little indirect sun...

Have a great weekend from in your back pocket.

2 comments:

charmaine said...

I have a couple of small ones too. So far they are still alive. Yours is cute! :)

decorayadora said...

Yo ame las imágenes de ese departamento. Me encantaron las combinaciones. I love your blog. Your a new follower forma Chile

Related Posts with Thumbnails