Friday, September 14, 2012

Playroom Reveal

I finally finished "updating" the playroom! It used to be very pink and worked great for my young kids as you can see here... but I wanted to gender neutralize it  for my son and make it a little more "grown up" for my girls who are 7 and 10 now and don't really play with the kitchen and dolls anymore (sniff, sniff) 
I painted the walls Benjamin Moore Wickham Gray which was barely noticeable to my kids but I think it works as a great neutral.


The new rug was on sale at Rugs USA.

The loveseat, desk, office chairs, shelving unit, toy bins, and green frames are all from Ikea, as is the shade and lighting hardware that I used in this post...

my favorite artwork  from here

the gallery wall has monograms for each of the kids, they are awesome free printables from
here and the ikat prints I bought were from here

I covered a cork board from Hobby Lobby with fabric from Jo Ann Fabric
the small table and chairs are Pottery Barn Kids and withstood some serious abuse over the years,
this space gets USED every day

I used bright yellow to spray paint  this from Ikea 

 and found these cute labels from Paper Source and they have templates online so you can print at home!
sunburst mirror from Home Goods 
this space is my saving grace...saves me from going crazy and saves my kids from me going crazy:)
put a saving grace playroom space in your back pocket...

1 comment:

ACHanson said...

Great turnout!!! It's so fun and colorful! Great job! I love all the colors together! Makes for a super bright and cheerful space!

Related Posts with Thumbnails