Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wants vs. Needs

When you are a grown up you quickly realize that the fantasy of what you "want" will quickly be squashed by the reality of what you "need"...for instance, I really want a new coffee table, have for a while and this is what it would look like...


some inspiration pictures...



but last week the "low tire pressure" light came on and the nice man at Discount Tires asked, "are you going to be taking any trips this summer?"... I wanted to say, "Uh he** yha I am going to be taking some trips this summer, I live in the hottest place on earth, if I have to stay here all summer with three kids I will freak out!" but instead I just simply said yes and he proceeded to tell me that I need four new tires and I saw that table disappear before my eyes..

$850 gets you four of these babies...aren't they pretty?

Then there were the barstools...mine are scratched up, breaking and lost the felt pads on the bottom of the legs long ago which prompted my hubby to put his own felt pads on the bottom...well they attract our lab's hair (what doesn't!)and I am so grossed out by the mini hairballs at the bottom of them that I have to Dyson them daily! These are barstools I want,

They are from Ballard Design and can be upholstered in any fabric, they swivel and I LOVE them!
Inspiration pics...
 But totally NOT  practical to have kids AND upholstery in the kitchen so I was going to get these...


Inspiration pics...
but then I found something weird looking in my laundry room...
(not an actual photo of my laundry room but you get the jist)
this time the nice man from Truly Nolan ,or the man in the Mickey Mouse car as my kids called him,
(always nice for your neighbors to see in your driveway)
came and theTermites ate my dream of new barstools...

$900 later...Thanks a lot Termites.
put a little dose of reality in your back pocket...

5 comments:

CK said...

You are very funny - and I think the metal stools are far more practical yet stylish!

Colleen said...

HYSTERICAL, but sad, very sad at the same time!

jeannie said...

ok, first of all my ADD is coming out... couldnt read the text just looked at the pictures... i am drooling over the ballard design chairs.... omg omg omg must have, but have kids AND two messy black labs.. love the alternative... very cool and updated. hmmmm what is a woman to do... btw, sister n law has the coffee table... she is cool.

ACHanson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ACHanson said...

I love your blog, super cool! And comical too. Since you were speaking of tables, particularly the bricklayer coffee table, check out my blog, I too love good deals, amazing finds, and this coffee table!!!

p.s. I am a begginer blogger, so beware! I just started.
deliciousspaces.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails