Friday, May 14, 2010

Overdue Redo

Anyone that has done a remodel knows there are A LOT of decisions that need to be made. When we did ours I was a little overwhelmed and made some "temporary choices", like this chandelier that went above my dining table...
Well, "temporary" turned into almost three years (Whoops) and then the canopy wouldn't stay up...
Lovely...always nice when you have company over for the first time who had their house in Phoenix Home and Garden...
 this gave me the nudge I needed to get a new light fixture!
These pictures were the inspiration...

I love the "casualness" about the lanterns and how they are traditional without being expected,
so I found what I thought would be the right size and color for my space...
The lantern fixture is from here, was $139 and I think achieves the look I was going for...
Do you have an overdue redo to put in your back pocket?

3 comments:

jeannie said...

ok, while running errands today i got a phone call telling me to go home and looke up your blog. I was told i would LOVE what i saw there..... they were right. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
you did great.
J

Seagrass Interiors said...

I have an entire folder of "outdoor-style-lanterns-used-inside." I absolutely love that look! Fabulous find!!
PS I completely know what you're talking about, re: temporary fixes turned permanent. : )

Melissa

Karen S. said...

Very cool...now I am on a "I need new fixtures" rampage!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails